Click here for High Res Photos
Ana Miura’s third album The Kindness of Years marks a new chapter of musical growth for this curious and cheerful performer. Layers of warm acoustic and electric guitar, crisp dobro and bright pedal steel married with a fresh voice immediately envelops listeners. Drawing upon familiar themes of love and relationships, Ana sweetly tiptoes her way through each with mature simplicity.
Doors continue to open wide for Ana since performing alongside Bruce Cockburn, Steven Page (former Barenaked Ladies) and Joel Plaskett:
"Cockburn, Plaskett and Page were fantastic in this intimate setting, but Miura provided the charm that made it special. With her sweet smile and bubbly demeanour, the young mom put everyone at ease, breaking up the testosterone levels with delicate songs that delivered a frank feminine perspective." - Lynn Saxberg, Ottawa Citizen
An international touring artist, Ana has performed at three Canadian Embassies in three Central American countries: Costa Rica, Honduras and Nicaragua. She has also been a featured musician for the Embassy of Japan in Ottawa, singing both in English and Japanese, as well as with the Embassy of Austria. Ana has also toured in Canada and the USA and has shared stages with Sarah Harmer, Broken Social Scene and Rick Fines.
Alongside her solo career, Ana founded and runs Babes4Breasts (B4B). Since 2007, B4B has raised over $125,000 and released four compilation albums. In recognition of her work with B4B, Miura was awarded the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal by Senator Vivienne Poy in June of 2012. The generosity of others never ceases to humble Ana.
Outstanding Performances and Accolades
* Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Award
* Over $125,000 for Breast Cancer Charity as part of Babes4Breasts
* Shared the stage with Buffy Ste-Marie, Bruce Cockburn, Steven Page and Joel Plaskett
* Tour of Canadian Embassies in Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Honduras. Privileged to perform for many Ambassadors.
* Sings in English and Japanese
* Chosen as presenter/animator for ihearya.org pilot program on safe listening levels and prevention of noise-induced hearing loss
* Winner of the Beth Ferguson Award, presented by the Ottawa Folk Festival
* Miura chosen as one of 10 "People to Watch for 2007" by the Ottawa Citizen; only musician in distinguished group
* 2007 Telluride Troubadour Songwriting competition - Honorable Mention for He Swallows Whiskey (over 650 entrants)
* Winner of the 2006 Songs from the Heart Award - Galaxie Rising Star Award for He Swallows Whiskey
* Miura Receives Inaugural CAO Recording Award to produce CD